Thursday, July 25, 2013

NC Triad Housing Market

What a great time to be in the real estate market!

I got my license when most agents were "heading for the hills" and "getting real jobs".  I have had a VERY steep learning curve to say the least and it has made me one of the strongest real estate agents around.  I have had countless "unique" situations with buyers and sellers and could probably write a very funny non-fiction best seller about them.
This year has been a bit different. While I have still had new experiences in real estate, I've made some pretty good money!  "WHAT?!?! You can make money in real estate?"  Why yes you can.  My husband has been thrilled that what had been a money draining career choice for the past few years has actually brought some cash flow into our house.
While that is good for me, what is really great for those living in, moving to, and moving from the NC Triad, is that every, yes EVERY offer I have made or received in 2013 has had competition.  Oh snap, multiple offers on houses had been kind of the loch ness monster of real estate...I knew people who knew people back 20 years ago who had those, but I hadn't seen one until 2013.
So, what do multiple offers mean for real estate buyers and sellers?  It means a few things

  1. People Are Still Buying Houses!  I hear at least three times a week from friends, family, and strangers that "the market is bad", "houses aren't selling", "I can't sell a house right now"...guess what guys, the bottom is gone we are on the upswing!
  2. Home Sellers Are Pricing Their Houses Correctly!  I know that on some tv and youtube channels, you've seen houses sell at 20% or more less than list price.  It does happen but not often in the Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, Kernersville area.  If you want to sell your house, don't try to build in "wiggle room", price it right and it will sell, and maybe even for more than list price.
  3. If You Like It Buy It!  Gone are the days of 365+ days on market (for properly priced houses).  If you like the house and it meets 7/10 of your want list, pull out the pen and write the offer.  Great houses aren't going to be around long and there are people who lost another house that won't want to miss the one you area thinking about.
  4. Banks Lend Money Daily!  If you are qualified to buy, you can get a loan, but you won't know until you talk to a lender.  There are different things that affect credit in different ways and there are specific areas that mortgage lenders look at that others may not.  Pulling your own credit to see isn't always the best way to know if you are mortgage ready, you need to talk to a mortgage lender to see where you are and how to get you where you want to be.
  5. House Sellers Can Be Selective!  Gone are the days of just writing up a win/lose offer on a house.  Make sure you are offering a win-win situation not a win-lose.  Even with short sales, the deal has to make sense.  Distressed does not mean Desperate and if you try to send something ridiculously low it will only get rejected by the homeowner and the bank.  The majority of short sale listing prices have already taken into account the condition and stigma of "short sale".  The tactic of "take my offer or I'll walk" won't work because if it's priced right, the real estate agent will sell it quickly.


If you are looking for a house to buy or if you are interested in selling a house in the NC Triad (Greensboro, High Point, Kernersville, Julian, Oak Ridge, Summerfield, Whitsett, McLeansville, Sedalia, Jamestown, Colfax) let me know.  I'm here to help.  I work with a great group of lenders, inspectors, insurance agents and contractors.

Make it a GREAT Day!
~Ayesha
336.340.4268
www.GreensboroHousePrices.com

1 comment:

  1. Great information! Thank you for sharing. It's nice to hear from an agent who understands the market

    ReplyDelete